Friday, March 15, 2013

My latest love...

Just going to be a quick post here, but I've recently re-discovered something and thought I would share!

As you all know, I had my first diving lesson last week. I realised after the session that I've gotten pretty unfit, and struggled to even do one lap of the pool! So, I've been working hard this week! I've been going swimming in the evenings, and I've loved every second of it! I come out feeling so alive, accomplished and very happy with myself.

Unlike most cardio, swimming is something I really enjoy, and so I don't need any motivation to do it- it's simply fun! The pool I go to was recently featured on the itv programme splash and it's also where I'm learning to dive- It is part of a million pound investment and so the facilities are simply amazing! I hope to start the gym there soon too!

I really, really encourage you to try it- the rewards are amazing, and that is just in one week! I feel so much healthier, happier and I absolutely love the feeling of my muscles growing and changing! I also find that it really puts my eating disordered mind to rest- I know that I need to eat, and am not even tempted to purge afterwards as I know I will be burning those calories off as fuel later on!

So in short- I simply love it. I think I'm possibly becoming pretty pro-fitness, and I'm already enjoying this healthier 'lifestyle!' I've even been influencing my family- my dad and brother came with me one evening, and I'm trying to persuade my mum to come to an aqua aerobics class with me as it looks like a fun way to get fit!

Thanks for reading, go and re-discover swimming yourself if you haven't already!!xox

No comments:

Post a Comment