Saturday, March 2, 2013

The most amazing night of my life




As you know, I'm in Iceland at the moment so this will be quick. but last night, I witnessed what true beauty is. I was sitting in a hot tub with my family at our cabin in pretty much the middle of no where. The sky was clear, the stars twinkled brightly above us. and then, some bands of green started to appear across the sky. 'Is that it?' We all asked. Me and my mum went and got dressed so we could investigate further. It was, as we suspected, the highly anticipated northern lights!
Soon, the lights where strong green, and dancing all across the sky. Then, we saw strips of pink too! They put on a great show for us, dancing for a good couple of minutes all across the sky, never in the same pattern.

I have never, in my life, seen something as beautiful. It was magical, gorgeous, and really quite amazing. I made a wish, and thought of all the important people in my life, so that they could be there with me.
I was literally standing there the whole time! It was like nothing I could ever have imagined! I didn't get any good pictures though, but I know that moment will stay with me forever.

Thanks for reading! I hope you all one day get to see the northern lights!xox

No comments:

Post a Comment